Saturday September 18, 2021Event Time: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM Event Location: Viamede Resort
GOLDEN LOVE IS INFECTIOUS…BUT SO IS COVID19
The PICNIC HAS BEEN (sadly) POSTPONED ONCE AGAIN
Join us for the Golden Rescue PICNIC 2021 – a fantastic, fun-filled, fur-flying day for you and your Golden fuzz-ball!
2021 Golden Rescue 30th Anniversary Picnic – Take-Two Agenda:
8 am – Offical Opening of the picnic
9 am – Scavenger Hunt begins
10 am – Main Street Opens:
- Ask the Trainer with Peter Brown of Alpha Paws
- Ask the Vet with Dr. Scott Bainbridge
- Golden Turd BINGO Square sales
- Shutterpups Photos
- Wishbone Lottery tickets
- Scavenger Hunt card collection
10 am – Leave It or Steal It challenge
10 am – Golden Rescue Store opens
10 am – Hike with Ben & Toby #2000
11 am-2 pm – Golden Turd BINGO
11:30 am – 2 pm – Lunch
12:30 pm – Opening Ceremonies & Golden Rescue’s Got Talent
1:30 pm – Games (Musical Mats & Guess Your Golden)
2:30 pm – Golden Rescue Chalkboard Pictionary
2 pm – Hike with Ben & Toby #2000
3 pm – Rainbow Bridge Memorial
3 pm – Raffle & Scavenger Hunt end
3:30 pm – Best Dressed Contest
4 pm – Golden Turd BINGO, Raffle & Scavenger Hunt – winners announced
4:30 pm – Picnic closes – safe drive home!
- Golden Rescue is committed to your well-being. Please be assured that the picnic will be conducted in accordance with Covid-19 protocols, mandated by the Province and Peterborough Public Health at the time of the event. We will post specific guidelines as the picnic date approaches and if we need to cancel, we will do so by the end of August.
- CASHLESS TRANSACTIONS PREFERRED: We will accept cash, but in an effort to keep our volunteers safe, we would prefer debit or credit wherever possible.
- Please bring your own lawn chairs.
- Please ‘scoop’ (baggies and waste containers available).
- Bring reusable water bottles – water coolers will be provided for refilling your bottles.
- Please consider donating your spare coins to our collection at the registration desk. Every bit helps.
- Please ensure that your Golden/dog is well socialized and will be able to manage being in a large group of dogs and people with children.
- For the safety of all Goldens/dogs, we ask that you please NOT bring tennis balls, treats or toys.
- Your Golden/dogs must be accompanied at all times.
Please let us know if you can join us. Just email email@example.com and tell us how many people and furry friends will be coming for a Golden good time!