Saturday May 1, 2021 - Monday May 31, 2021
This one-day event was so successful last year, we’ve decided to expand it to include the entire month of May! What better way to get out in the beautiful spring weather and shake off those COVID doldrums, while helping our precious Goldens at the same time?
Fathers and sons, daughters and moms,
Walking with Goldens and raising some funds!
For the month of May, help us come together while we’re apart and join us on our second “independent” Cabin Fever Reliever. You can walk, run, stroll or ride your bike ~ in your neighbourhood, in the country or forest, on trails, in your backyard or even in your house with all the windows open! You can participate in this event from ANYWHERE in the world.
Once you’ve decided on your activity, simply commit to a goal and ask your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you. You could set one goal for the entire month or change it up with a different goal each week… such as bike-riding one week, walking the next, running on a treadmill the third week and swimming the fourth week (brrr) – whatever you prefer.
Wherever you decide to walk, run, jog, trot, stroll, saunter, dance, rollerblade, bike, do cartwheels, limbo, waltz…just get moving! Whatever you do, please comply with physical distancing and only go to permitted areas…and most importantly, have fun! You can choose your own distance, count your steps, or base it on time. And naturally, include your furry family members.
Here are the details:
DATE: From May 1st to 31st, 2021
TIME: Anytime…totally up to you
WHERE: Anywhere…you choose.
HOW: Ask friends and family members to pledge and sponsor you
There are many ways you can collect pledges:
- Use our Cabin Fever Reliever pledge form 2021 if you want, to track your progress and set a fundraising goal! Once you have collected your pledges, you can e-transfer, send us a cheque or call us to donate with your credit card.
- E-transfer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 416-657-2445 or 866-712-8444
- Mail: Golden Rescue, P.O. Box 31028, Barrie, ON L4N 0B3
2.Set up a fundraising page on Facebook or through Canada Helps.
- Ask people to donate on Canada Helps. Under the heading “apply your donation to a fund set up by this charity”, click on Cabin Fever Reliever.
We hope you will join us to raise money for our precious Goldens. As you know, Golden Rescue is a 100% volunteer run organization and your efforts will go to helping our future Goldens.
Questions? Please email@example.com and put “Cabin Fever” in the subject line.