ID #: 3180 Age: 12 Gender: male Status: Pending
HANDSOME SENIOR LAD LOOKING FOR HIS FUR-EVER FAMILY WITH A FULLY FENCED YARD!
Hi everyone…I think I’m getting the hang of this online profile thing. Here’s my story: I’m Teddy. I’m a young 12-year-old with a zest for life. People say I look much younger. What can I say? Must be all the downward dog poses I do each day. Docile, obedient, protective, sensitive, and loving are some of the words my foster family use to describe me. I’ve come a long way since I first came to the good folks at Golden Rescue. I have been going to school to learn about myself and what I need. Here are some of my likes and dislikes.
- WALKS! Long ones, short ones, fast ones, slow ones. I’m a dream to walk unless I see another dog. I have what my foster dad calls ‘leash-aggression’. My foster, who is also my teacher, says it’s easier to pass other dogs if I’m wearing a gentle leader so I can be directed away. It’s best if we go on walks during times when canine traffic is light.
- Sitting on the kitchen floor watching my foster mom cook.
- Being with my family, wherever they are ~ indoors, outdoors or in the car. I love to carry my toy and offer it to them and I sleep on the floor in their bedroom.
- Love and affection ~ up to a point. You just have to understand that my past has left me with some scars and all I ask is for some space and time to bond with you and trust you. Once I do that, I become the sweetest dog who will initiate love and cuddles myself and will love to receive affection in return. I’m initially a bit on guard meeting new people I don’t know ~ I usually warm up to them after some time.
- Sleeping and relaxing at home or backyard. I can be left alone for several hours if you have to go to work. I’m completely house-trained. Loud noises do not bother me so I can sleep through thunderstorms and fireworks.
I DON’T CARE FOR:
- Being kissed on my head or face area during the first few months. I’ve endured some tough times in my past and anyone trying to kiss me or put their face close to mine makes me feel crowded, insecure, and anxious. For this reason, I am NOT too fond of young children. They make me nervous. I need you to respect my boundaries until I can trust you. For example, I love my foster family so much that they can hug and kiss me…but that has taken a long time.
- For some reason, I don’t care for the wet stuff…unless you’re in the rain with me.
What I’m looking for is a loving home with a large yard, perhaps a farm, so I’d have room to run and a yard to chill in with no other dogs or cats in the home. No young kids please too. I definitely need a strong alpha human who can handle me on a leash during my walks and also can give me a daily structured routine and boundaries at home. They say the first impression is the last impression and I know I don’t make the best first impression. But I promise, if you take the effort to understand my needs and give me a chance, I will make the best last impression in your life. I want to succeed. I want to be loved. I want to feel safe and I certainly don’t want to be a bother. If you think we could be a match, then email my adoption peeps and let’s set up a meeting. In closing, I’d like to use the words of my hero Elvis to express what I would really like…
I don’t want to be your tiger cuz tigers play too rough
I don’t want to be your lion cuz lions ain’t the kind you love enough
Just want to be your Teddy Bear
Put a collar round my neck and lead me anywhere
Just want to be, just want to be…your Teddy Bear!
Teddy is currently being fostered in the Newmarket, ON area. If you would like more information about Teddy please call our hot-line toll free at 1-866-712-8444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in adopting one of the Goldens posted on our website or any of the other Goldens that become available for adoption in the future please click here to fill out the adoption application.